For the students, the Summer School will be held on-site. In case the Covid-19 related restrictions will no more allow entering the clinic, interaction with patients and therapists will be shifted online.
Every morning, the school will host three plenary lectures (online or on-site) from specialists with clinical and engineering backgrounds. Every day the lectures will focus on one of the three school topics.
Confirmed lecturers are:
- Prof. Dr. Silvestro Micera, Translational Neural Engineering Lab, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
- Dr. Ilse Lamers, Hasselt University (online)
- Prof. Dr. Joachim Hermsdörfer, Technische Universität München
- Dr. med. Daria Dinacci, Clinica Hildebrand Centro di riabilitazione Brissago
- Prof. Dr. med. Joachim Liepert, Kliniken Schmieder Allensbach (online)
- Dr. Olivier Lambercy, Rehabilitation Engineering Lab, ETH Zurich (online)
- Dr. Gerdienke Prange-Lasonder, Roessingh Research & Development
- Prof. Maura Casadio, University of Genova
- Prof. Dr. David Reinkensmeyer, University of California, Irvine (online)
In the afternoon, students will attend one of five different case studies. In each case study, a patient of the clinic, together with a therapist, will present his/her case and describe a situation where an assistive technology would be helpful. Students will have to work together over the different days and apply what they have learned during the plenary lectures to design an appropriate assistive/rehabilitation/assessment solution to the proposed problem.
If the Covid-19 related restrictions will allow for this, at the end of the school the participants will visit the Clinica Hildebrand Brissago and will have the opportunity to interact with patients, therapists and clinicians during their daily routine.